Sunday, April 20, 2008

6. Marsh Morning


042008_2463, originally uploaded by steve_kurth.

Time: 8am
Location: State Park in Salisbury
Mood: delighted

I got up this morning and took so,e shots of the marsh. The tide was very low and I had hopes to get some shots of the drainage tracts they cut through the marsh. I did get some, but it wasn't satisfying.

I drove off vowing that I would stop if I saw anything else that interested me. Sometimes I do that and chicken out. I feel very self-conscious taking photos. But today I found my way over at the park. They have these tall wheat-looking numbers there.

I walked into the muddy field and started shooting. Watching the auto focus zoom in and out and the wheat waving back and forth through the viewfinder was a great show. The wheat would fall into focus and out then lazily wander out as the camera whirred furiously, finding new focus points. Funny contrast of paces and directions. THe show was more fun than the photos, though. This one I held the camera at about waist-high and just shot up.

No comments: