Thursday, November 27, 2008

25. Solo Thanksgiving


112708_5605, originally uploaded by steve_kurth.

It's a happy Thanksgiving. I took it easy, starting my day with a champagne cocktail. I spent it alone and I can't say I minded that at all. I goofed around, watched the parade, and basically didn't do a damn thing. I'm grateful I have a job. Thankful Martha and Barbara called me three years ago. Who knows where I'd be if they hadn't? I shudder to think. I was broke, broken and alone. One step or two from real disaster.

Well, the company is on the brink of disaster now, The stock plummeted so low they took us off the market. Not really sure where this next will find me. I think there will be real changes in 2009. But for now I'm ok. Happy and buzzed and looking at the clouds.

No comments: