Saturday, November 15, 2008

24. Zeus' Revenge


111508_5512, originally uploaded by steve_kurth.

The graffiti on the block says "Zeus", but it was Poseidon's day. I had planned on shooting some trees in the fog, but when I stepped outside and heard the surf, I changed my mind and went down under the boardwalk.
The waves weren't huge, but they were very noisy. Every few minutes I really loud one would come up and I had to look down from the viewfinder to make sure I didn't get caught.
The pilling here isn't bad, but on another one the concrete was chewed up so badly by the tides it looked like a beaver had taken to it.
So, I capped off a bunch of shots and was deciding where to go next when the sky opened up. Big, sloppy silver dollar drops forced me back into the car. Zeus the sky god got his revenge on the day after all.

No comments: