Saturday, August 8, 2009

28 Start of an End


080809_7417, originally uploaded by steve_kurth.

Tomorrow I fly out to Valley Forge for a two week training run. They are closing the facility so it will likely be the last time I go there.
It's sure to be weird. I really started my career with the company there, albeit as a vendor. I look back at who I was then and those times and I don't recognize much anymore.
On the other hand, there have been other times I thought I was done with the company and for a while I was. Things have a way of changing and turning out different. Who knows what will happen.
The first time I went there I drove out with Mary Tuttle. I remember on the road grumbling a bit about how long we were going to be on the road. Mostly I was making conversation. She laughed and told me that it was an adventure: when I was old I would look back at that time I worked in Pennsylvania. It's probably ten years later and I'm doing just that.
This was shot with a polarizer and a warming filter. Two or three stops under. Hardly any post work.

No comments: