Monday, September 29, 2008

21 Break in the Rain


092908_4740, originally uploaded by steve_kurth.

Time: 6:30am
Mood: Bleary

Monday there was a brief break in the rains and this was the sunrise off my front porch. I had slept poorly, partially due to my frustration with work. Today the crew would learn that company had done a not-so-cool thing and I knew a lot of people would feel bad.

There's a lot to feel rough about. Most of the crew doesn't get who's really getting screwed. So, girding myself for a day of loose emotions, I stepped out to see this. It only lasted a few minutes before it turned into a rainbow over the marsh and then folded back into rain. I'm not going to make up any silver lining take-your-moments-where-you-can bullshit out of this. It was just a moment and then it was gone.

No comments: